Beginner Sewing for Adults
SIP & SEW
Tuesday evenings • Jan 23 - Feb 27 • 7-8:30p • Adult • $210• 6 weeks • ALL supplies included
Thursday mornings • Jan 25 - Mar 1 • 10-11:30a • Adult • $210• 6 weeks• ALL supplies included
This level is great for those who have never sewn before or have some basic experience.
For all you grownups out there who want to learn to sew or refresh your sewing skills in a positive, fun, stress-free and creative environment – and turn that Home-Ec experience into something positive – this class is for you!
You will learn machine basics, get comfy using different stitches and guides to sew straight lines, and play with materials to create simple projects that will provide a nice foundation and build your confidence so you can use these basic techniques on your own for any project. Projects may include pillow covers, bags, table linens, piecing and upcycling. No experience necessary, just a willingness to learn, have fun & make things!
Click to register online, then select "Sewing Classes" in Shop drop down menu.
Sewing Lessons for Adults and Kids/Teens
Come create, play, explore and learn new things in our colorful, fun and supportive shop/studio setting in downtown Glen Ellyn.
Call 630-474-9359 or email Shawn at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
"My girls loved the summer program! They love Miss Shawn!" –MH
"Yes, yes, and yes. My daughter loved your 6-week class and will be back!" –DB
•Sewing Classes - boys & girls, ages 7-14 (small group/semi-private, 4-8 students)
6-week program • $168 ($28/session) + optional $10 fee to store sewing machine -- receive equivalent of one class FREE with this option
Pay each week • $192 ($32/session) -- based on six week total
Private lessons • $40/session. Call to setup schedule.
Payment for each class is due at registration or before first class.
*Bring your sewing machine if you have one. If needed, there will be extra machines to share.
Intermediate Sewing Class
Day Friday afternoons
Dates February 10 through March 17
In the Intermediate Sewing Class, students will expand their basic sewing skills by working on fun projects that are a bit more complex. They'll practice new finishing techniques and incorporate design and mixed media. Basic sewing experience required.
Basic Sewing Class * Spaces still open... Call or email us to SIGN UP!! *
Day Tuesday afternoons
Dates March 7 through April 18
(no class 3/28, Spring Break)
In the Basic Sewing Class, students will learn simple sewing and finishing techniques, complete a variety of fun projects, create a personalized "stitch” journal, and incorprate designing and mixed media in their projects. No experience necessary.
All Sewing Classes include
• 2 instructors, individual instruction and lots of hands-on guidance throughout each step
• All materials, fabric, thread, needles, project/art/creative supplies and equipment
• Ongoing creative/functional projects (stitch journals, pillows, pockets, headbands, aprons/skirts, tote bags, tapestries and more - based on class level)
• Learn machine basics and machine sewing (threading, bobbin winding, guides, various stitches)
• Learn hand-stitching, pinning, cutting, ironing, piecing
• Learn different finishing techniques
• Play with creative stitching, pockets, eyelet setting, designing/drawing and some mixed media incorporation
• Colorful, relaxed and fun space to create surrounded by original art and handmade goods to use as inspiration
• Fun tricks of the trade and helpful tips
• We have extra sewing machines to use, but it's best to have students learn and get comfortable with their own machines if possible.
• Students love the projects we do, and they feel so proud of their designs and "mastering" the sewing machine!
• We offer classes that are uniquely structured with both technical info and creative content, where students learn skills, gain confidence with ideas/approach/process and feel inspired.
Location & Parking
• Our colorful shop is located at 485 Main Street, downtown Glen Ellyn, inside the Banyan Tree Mall. There is free 3-hr parking on street or in lot behind building (off Pennsylvania Ave).
•Sewing Class - Adults (private parties)
Book a Private Sewing Party (or any kind of event!) for you and your girlfriends, coworkers, organization members or family!
Pick from a variety of simple Sewing Projects (pillows, tote bags, tapestries...all very "forgiving", stress-free and fun projects!) and learn new skills. You'll practice basic sewing while creating your own handmade item that you can use in your home, for yourself or give as gifts. No experience necessary. Just a willingness to explore and enjoy!
• Work with your favorite fabrics or use my original fabric with hand-drawn patterns and designs
• Costs range from $30-$45 each person depending on project and materials needed
• BYOB, if you so choose! Have fun sipping, sewing and creating!