Hello fellow creatives!
We are Shawn Sargent (local artist/store owner - Shawn Sargent Designs) and Dave Penna (local artist/painter), and we have an opportunity to provide working artist studios and creative workspaces in downtown Glen Ellyn starting this summer, 2018.
If you've been wanting a space to work and create outside of your home, this is for you!
Studios/workspaces will be limited and offered in order of application. Please submit this brief survey form so we get a better sense of size & type of space you'd like. We will contact you shortly! **See specific studio space details below survey.
We are currently in the process of planning and buildout & anticipate starting rentals as early as July/August, with leasing beginning in June.
Thanks! We're excited to collaborate with you.
Details that we know so far...
About the space:
* Connected to (but separated from) Shawn Sargent Designs storefront/business, production area and teaching space.
* Drywall studios with high ceilings featuring exposed wood rafters.
* Spaces will be private (locked), semi-private (curtain closure) or shared (open, minimal separation).
* 1-year lease with one month security at signing.
* Creative classes will happen on site: Shawn's sewing/mixed media classes and Dave's painting and drawing classes.
* Teaching/Class space rentals are also available. Use our space to host your next class, workshop or event! Contact us for details.
* Charming downtown Glen Ellyn with great restaurants, bars and shops.* Secure building and safe location within walking distance of the Metra train (1.5 blocks).
Benefits / What's Included:
* Wifi, electric, heat and AC included.
* Security system on site.
* Access to slop sink, 2 restrooms (ADA accessible).
* Shared kitchen area with full refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker. Free water and tea for you and your guests.
* Free 3 hour parking on street and long-term free parking across the street. Plus convenient loading entry off side alley.
* Great for all medias (sorry, we cannot allow large kilns or heavy/noisy equipment at this time). We're open to other creative endeavors too.
* Shared open area outside of your studio/workspace. Some storage space possible.
* Potential opportunities for you to host your own classes, art events, and display your work.
* Also, we like to think that the daily smiles and friendly faces you’ll encounter are an added perk.